Friday, August 17, 2007

Summer's Almost Over!

This week has been crazy busy in the Circle household. I've babysat everyday this week so far and I have my best friend from college staying with me right now. We've had so much fun catching up despite the fact that she's had some hurtful things done to her recently but her, well, now ex-boyfriend. It saddens me that someone she thought she could spend the rest of her life with could be so careless and stupid. I can't help but ask God why He allows us to fall in love with others only to be hurt so badly and have it not work out. I'm reminded that God gives us free will and if we're not relying on Him to help us keep free of temptation then things like this happen. Without saying anymore, if you remember, please pray for my friend during this heart breaking time in her life where she's struggling to figure out what she's going to do next.

Yesterday I had the chance to go with my friend Katie to the teacher supply store and buy decorations for my classroom bulletin boards. I can't even begin to tell you how exciting this outing was for me, and how spending the day putting last minute touches on my classroom really gave a feeling of excitement and nervousness for the new school year. This is my first full year teaching and I've never been there on the first day of school to lay down ground rules and set the pace for the year. I've been praying a lot that God will help me to challenge my students and help them set goals for their lives. I hope that my passion for school and learning becomes contagious.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Wish I could have gone with you as it would have been so much fun to see your face! It is such a blessing after years of praying for you, Alissa, to see you flourish and grow where God has planted you. It is my prayer that your contagious excitement for the new year will rub off on your new students. You go girl!!!
Mom

Kelly said...

You are going to do awesome!!! You are a natural and the students you had last year loved you right off the bat. Thank you for making my transition into mommyhood so easy -I didn't think about school constantly (which we teachers tend to do). I got to focus on my new baby! :)