Thursday, August 23, 2007

And the Yankees take the 3rd.....!

Well after two nights of exciting games the Yankees finally took back their all too familiar glory tonight. And fortunately enough I was there to revel in the glory. For those of you that don't know, I'm a HUGE Yankees fan. Yeah, I know, go ahead and boo. It's not that I don't like the Angels, it's just that I've been a Yankees fan since I was 8 and only living in CA since 2002. Loyalty is key in baseball, why else do you think the Red Sox remained friends with the ghost for so long? So here's the quick run down... Monday night was a tight game but the Angels pulled it out at the bottom of the 10th inning, winning 6-5. Going into Tuesday's game I was hoping for the best, only to return from babysitting to find the Angels leading 13-5 in the 4th inning! While the Yankees tried to bring the heat in the 9th innning, they lost once again to the Angels 18-9. Tonight I believe, I was the missing element the Yankees needed to win. Taking only 9 innings to own the game, the Yankees beat the Angels 8-2.

We went to the game with friends of ours who got married in January, and we had fun drinking beer and eating Panda Express. The traditional hot dog at the baseball game, lost to mediocre Chinese food. Here are some pictures of all the fun we were having.


Yeah!! The Yankees rock!


Our friends Matt and Amy


Here's Matt and Kyle enjoying the game


Kyle and I after the Yankees beat the Angels 8-2

1 comments:

Joanne said...

Ok, your entire family on our side are Red Sox fans, so it's time to give up this thing with the Yankees!!!