Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Start of Something New!

While some of you might not know this about me, besides teaching I really love event planning. For the last two years I've been toying with the idea of starting a children's party planning company. Not to take the place of teaching, because nothing could do that! Trust me, my husband and family can attest to that. But really to be able to follow through with a second dream of mine, something that I could do when I have a family, and even after I go back to teaching when my children are old enough. Having this summer break has given me the time I've needed to get this company off the ground. I designed business cards, put together a business plan, and began marketing myself through people I've been babysitting for all summer. I'm calling my company Circle Custom Creations, as I hope to design something new and wonderful for each of my clients. The goal is to market my company through word of mouth as I feel that it will gain momentum better through those who have used my services and love what I do! I've even enlisted the services of people I know who are also trying to begin their own companies to embark on this adventure with me. If you know anyone who might be interested, have them visit my new blog (since the website is not up and running yet): http://circlecustomcreations.blogspot.com/

I'm so excited for this adventure I'm on and look forward to keeping you updated on how it's going.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey,
I'm so glad to see you've joined the Blogosphere...he he he. How fun! Event planning - what a great idea. You'd be so great at it too. Well, have fun preparing for the school year ahead. I'll be by to visit. :)

Kelly said...

Alissa,
I just found this website. I thought it was kinda cool. Check it out. http://www.hostesswiththemostess.com/