Thursday, August 2, 2007

Our Family!


We have been married for almost three years (at the end of September) and are really enjoying the time we get to spend with one another in the mist of our busy schedules. Kyle has been an entreneur since I met him and for the last two years has been growing his company, The Credit Card Machine Man, where he sells and leases wireless credit card machines to national touring bands. It has been amazing to watch his company grow to where he recieves a plethera of phone calls everyday from new clients. Recently, his one business grew to two when he partnered with a gentleman who is in the import industry. With Kyle's knack for sales and his partners knowledge of manufacturing they are printing custom hoodies for Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects, Paramore, Gym Class Heroes and several other bands touring the U.S this fall. This has been an exciting new adventure and one that Kyle is really enjoying, as he loves the merchandise industry. I'll post a picture once we recieve the sample.

I, on the other hand, have been busy finishing up my teaching credential. Although when Kyle and I met I was convinced that I didn't want to go into teaching after all, God had a different plan once we were married and opened up the doors for me to work full time and finish my teaching credential. After being back in the classroom last fall I knew God had given me a special calling to work with children and I was excited to fufill his plan for my life. In January, upon the completion of my credential, I was offered a job at a private Christian school in the city we live in. Despite my own plan to teach 3rd grade, I accepted the position to teach middle school language arts and have loved every minute of it. I've continued in school and plan to graduate with my masters this December. YEAH! Kyle's encouragement has also let me down a path looking at doctorate programs and I am very interested in the Doctorate in Educational Leadership at Pepperdine University, but who knows where God will lead us next.
We are excited for the adventure we are on, and look forward to someday buying a house and having a family. Until then, please keep in touch with us through our blog, we love to hear from you.

Kyle & Alissa


Aliso Viejo Christian School

0 comments: