Sunday, August 5, 2007

Babysittting

This summer I have been babysitting through a service in the Newport Beach, and Laguna Beach areas. It has been an interesting experience and I've met some wonderful families. This past week I was asked to sit at the Ritz-Carlton 3 nights in a row! The first night I sat for 4 children, last night there were 5 and this evening 2. Tonight I was sitting two small children as they slept soundly in their beds. I ordered a movie, "Catch and Release," with Jennifer Garner and relaxed on a comfy hotel bed. As I was watching the movie, it struck me that I was getting paid to do what I would normally do at home.... lay in bed and watch tv. I know I was there to watch these two beautiful sleeping children, but it felt as if I was alone in my own suite at the Ritz-Carlton listening to the sound of the ocean. I know, my life is so difficult. Babysitting has taught me a lot about what it would mean for Kyle and I if we had a family and how much our lives would change. When Kyle and I reach that point in our marriage I know that we will be wonderful parents and provide our children with amazing adventures. Who knows, maybe one day it will be us requesting a babysitter at the Ritz-Carlton while we go out to dinner. Hmmm... if you know Kyle and I, you are probably chuckling right now. We would never stay at the Ritz, and then request a sitter!
Three more weeks of babysitting and then the new school year begins. I'm very excited for all the adventures the next year will bring.


Ritz-Carlton guest rooms

2 comments:

Katie Claire said...

Did you like the movie? Kevin Smith??

Kyle & Alissa Circle said...

I really liked the movie. I think Jennifer Garner's character realized that just like her fiancee was hiding pieces of his life from her, she was doing the same with him, and the only person they both felt they could be themselves with was Kevin Smith's character. Overall, I would watch it again, and this time with the volume slightly louder and no sleeping children.