Wednesday, August 1, 2007

50th Wedding Anniversary

At the end of May, Kyle and I visited the island of Maui with his family to celebrate his grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. While we were there we rented two homes on the beach right next to each other and spent the week spending time with the family. We get together as a family quite a bit, but there's something about being away from our everyday environment that helps us relax and really enjoy each others company. It was an amazing trip! But our focus was really on two amazing people who have loved each other unconditionally for 50 years. As Kyle and I approach our 3 year anniversary, I'm reminded how wonderful marriage really is. I love that I have a partner to walk through life with, who loves me despite all my quirks, and constantly reminds me how blessed he feels to know me. Even now he is my favorite person to spend time with, and share my secrets with. I hope that 50 years from now we will have had the opportunity to share some of the same wonderful, love-filled experiences with each other that Kyle's grandparents have shared.


Kyle's Grandparents

Kyle and I

0 comments: