Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day 6

This morning while we all scurried around to get ready (there's only 1 shower in my grandparents house), Katelyn watched her Baby Einstein DVD. My Nana and Papa were absolutely amazed by how attentive she was to the DVD. She wasn't even aware that there were people in the room watching her. We had to get a picture of her laying in Mom's bed propped up by pillows and covered by all her warm blankets. After we got ready we headed downstairs to try the sweet potatoes I made her with my Beaba baby food maker. It's amazing! So far I think she likes the sweet potatoes the best off all the veggies she's tried.

After lunch we were off to The Picture People to have Katelyn's picture taken with Santa. The Santa they had was amazing, and Katelyn loved him. He kept coming over and giving her high 5's and making her giggle. It eased all my worries about how she was going to do sitting in a strangers lap, especially one with a great deal of facial hair and a big red outfit. She had a jolly good time, and Kyle, Mom and I laughed as we watched her ham it up for the camera. Her personality has really come out during this trip. She has spent most of the trip smiling, giggling and jabbering up a storm. She loves my mom, her grandma. I know that they are both going to be really sad when we leave tomorrow. Mom has rocked her to sleep every night and Katelyn, being the cuddler she is, has savored every minute of it I'm sure. It has been so wonderful to be with my family and I'm sad that we are already heading home tomorrow. I know Katelyn's only 5 months old, but I'm sure she's going to miss having her grandma, great-nana and great papa around all the time to play with her.






When we got home from taking pictures with Santa, I sat down to finish a painting project that I started. When I was growing up each summer when we came to visit I would paint with my Nana. It was our thing. She saved a project especially for me. I had fun sitting at the dinning room table painting with her. It's our time and I loved it! Here's a picture of "Frosty."


0 comments: