Tuesday, October 7, 2008

YEAH!!

Tonight, after wearing herself out talking to Grandma on the computer, Katelyn passed out. She usually catnaps in the evening for about 30-45 minutes. This gives me just enough time to throw some dinner together. I have to admit there are days when I wish she slept as much as she used to, but I wouldn't trade my active, spunky, little chatterbox for the world who no longer takes long naps in the early evening. Well, tonight I got distracted chatting on the computer with an old friend from elementary school who found me on Facebook. Gotta love Facebook for that reason! All of a sudden I could hear Katelyn starting to fuss in her crib. I thought I would run, grab her, and come back and try to finish my conversation. When I got to the crib I was amazed to see my baby girl had rolled over!!!!!!!!! As many of you know Katelyn is and has been for weeks a tummy sleeper and she had rolled from her tummy onto her back and somehow changed direction in her crib all at the same time. It was bittersweet excitement as I partially felt that I had missed this major milestone in my daughter's life because she chose to do it in her crib with no one watching. I'm sure that it was God's way of saying, "Alissa, let go. She'll do it in her own time." Kyle can attest to the fact that I have been practicing rolling over with Katelyn everyday. In spite of the fact that I missed it (she'll do it again) I began yelling for Kyle to come share in my excitement as I grabbed the camera. Hopefully I'll have some video of Katelyn rolling over soon as well. =) In the meantime, I'm thrilled that I have the privilege of raising Katelyn and watching her grow and change each day. Of all the families, God chose to give her to us.... it doesn't get better than that!!


0 comments: