Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday 13

For today's Thursday 13 I decided to write about 13 of my all time favorite movies. I love to relax and watch a movie in the afternoon. In fact, it's the only way I will take the time to relax and break from  cleaning, picking up the house, doing dishes or running errands. Some days I take a nap, but I've found that I end up waking up tired despite the extra rest. Plus, the last several days Katelyn has been going to bed around 10:45 and sleeping in until 10:00 am. I'm sure this won't always be the case, but for now it's nice to be getting extra sleep at night and not having to wake up at 5 to nurse. Back to the reason for my post.

1. Gone with the Wind: I love this movie and even though I know how it ends, I always hope that Scarlett will figure out how wonderful Rhett is..... Alas she does not.

2. Dirty Dancing: I saw this movie the year it came out and it has been one of my all time faves ever since. "Nobody puts baby in a corner." Classic!

3. Pretty Woman: because everyone wants to feel like Julia Roberts in this movie... minus the part about being a hooker.

4. The Notebook: honestly... who doesn't love this movie?!

5. August Rush: I had been itching to see this movie and now that I have Netflix (which rocks, by the way) I rented it and it's great! A tear jerker, but a good movie.

6. When a Man Loves a Woman: It escapes me why I love this movie since it's story line revolves around a woman and her alcohol addiction. Maybe it's her husbands unconditional love for her as she walks through the recovery process. The end makes me cry every time.

7. When Harry Met Sally: Nothing beats the scene in the restaurant when Billy Crystal tells Meg Ryan that he can tell when a woman has an orgasm, and Meg Ryan proceeds to fake one to prove him wrong.

8. Ratatouille: How can you not love a movie about a rat who loves to cook? I've seen this movie so many times and I never tire watching it.

9. You've Got Mail: Nuf said

10. Music and Lyrics: I wasn't sure that Drew Berrymore and Hugh Grant would have chemistry, but I was happily proved wrong.

11. Fever Pitch: Speaking of Drew Berrymore movies, if you're a Red Sox fan you'll love this one.

12. P.S I Love You: A movie about true love, it's sappy, but I loved it.

13. Singing in the Rain: I love old movies with Gene Kelly. When I was growing up we used to watch this movie and White Christmas all the time. I hold a special place in my heart for both.

So, I guess I'm a romantic movie lover. I can't say that I'm surprised... if you don't have love in your life... what do you have? What are some of your favorite movies?

Love, A xoxo

3 comments:

FRANSZTASTIC said...

you & i could watch movies together, for sure! i've seen all of them except "singing in the rain" and "p.s. i love you"...which i'll have to see now, since i trust your movie taste :) i would add "sweet home alabama", "how to lose a guy in 10 days", "cutting edge" and my all time favorite and the reason i traveled to London for 2 weeks before i got married, "Notting Hill"! great post!

Meygan said...

Agree with all except for Music and Lyrics. i actually walked out in it. Love Drew and Hugh, but not the script.

Kyle & Alissa Circle said...

Jess, I love all the movies you mentioned also. We should have a movie night.