Sunday, October 26, 2008

Busy Weekend

Boy, it feels like it's been one of those weekends that have gone by slow enough to where you feel as though you're getting a lot of stuff done. But now as I'm sitting here I'm trying to remember what we've been up too. I know it's been a couple of days since I have blogged. Sorry! It's mostly because Kyle and I have been so busy. As the holidays approach and with Katelyn getting on a good schedule I've been praying for an opportunity to make some extra money, but work from home. This came in an unexpected way when we received a call last week from a person Kyle had done some work for in the past. 2 years ago Kyle worked for a company called The Christmas Lighters during the 2006 Christmas season. He didn't put up lights, but he did all the customer service and scheduling. Well, this year we received a call from the gentleman who runs the company asking if Kyle and I had time to help him again this year. Well.... since Kyle's a busy man, I gladly accepted the challenge. It's great extra money and only requires a couple of hours a day making phone calls and scheduling estimates and installs. Kyle's been helping me learn the ropes this weekend and hopefully I'll be up and running on my own next week.

Katelyn is growing like a weed and is loving her rice cereal. She's going on week 3 of rice cereal so I went out and bought her some green beans and sweet peas to try. We're going to start tomorrow with green beans for a week and then move onto the sweet peas. It's so much fun to watch her eat food, skooshing it around in her mouth and swallowing it. It's hard to believe it was only a couple weeks ago that she was struggling to figure out how to keep it in her mouth. Katelyn has also started "talking" up a storm. In fact I have video of it on my computer, but I need to figure out how to convert my iMovie file into a format that I can upload. Any suggestions? She's hilarious and I can't help but giggle at how loud she talks. She gets that from her daddy! 

Yesterday Kyle and I headed out early to get our hair done in Orange before church. On our way home we called up our friend Casey to see what time he wanted to meet up at church. He was telling Kyle all about some great deals on Chevy's at the dealership he's working at so we decided to swing by on the way home and surprise him. He and Kyle test drove cars while I fed Katelyn. It was great to see Casey at work and hear all about the new Chevy Traverse... an SUV we can add to our wish list. After visiting Casey we stopped by Chipotle (yum, yum) to grab a quick bite to eat, ran home and changed and headed back out to church. Mariner's was having a Harvest Carnival after the service and we wanted to enjoy the fun as a family. Well, silly me I didn't verify that there was going to be a second service so we showed up at church to find out there was no second service and that we should've put Katelyn in her Ladybug costume. Ah, the best laid plans! Kyle and I were bummed because we were really looking forward to church, but had fun roaming around the carnival with Casey and Kylie, the Fransz family and their parents. It's so much fun to watch the babies interact with one another. Katelyn hadn't napped all day so she pooped out not long after we got there. Good thing we remembered her stroller.


Katelyn and Mommy
Kyle and I, sans Katelyn because she fell asleep
Baby Ella "Moo Cow" Fansz
Baby Angel Kylie and Daddy Casey
This is only 1 section of the carnival!
A pooped out Katelyn
Today we're relaxing and working on The Christmas Lighters - booking installs and estimates. Next week starts a fun week filled with M.O.P.S and the Pumpkin Patch on Tuesday and then a week of working and running errands to get ready for our trip to Boston from Nov. 7-14. 

0 comments: