Sunday, October 5, 2008

Girl's Weekend

On Thursday night my two best friends from high school, Devon and Ayse, came into town to visit. Ayse came in around 8:20 and Katelyn and I picked her up from the airport. Ayse was so excited to meet Katelyn since she and I had not seen each other since Devon's wedding last June. We headed back to the apartment to get Katelyn bathed and put to bed. Devon's flight ended up arriving early and I was in the middle of nursing Katelyn so Ayse and Kyle headed to the airport to pick up Devon. By the time they returned Katelyn was fast asleep and I was ready to spend the next couple of hours catching up. We stayed up late giggling and catching up like old times.

On Friday morning Katelyn was up at 7a.m., so after feeding her and putting her back to bed we got up, watched a little tv and then we cooked pancakes and bacon for breakfast. After showering and getting ready for the day we headed to Irvine Spectrum to walk around for a couple hours and do some shopping. There are so many sales going on right now it was hard to resist spending money. Katelyn was loving hanging out with the girls and was all smiles and giggles the entire day. She loved having Ayse and Devon's attention all weekend long. After doing some shopping we headed back home to get ready to go out dancing. At 7:30 we met up with Kyle's sister Leah at California Pizza Kitchen, ate a yummy dinner and then headed to In Cahoots for some country line dancing. We had so much fun!!! Some of the dances I remembered from the last time I was there, and some were new ones. We met this guy that taught us each dance as we went, it was pretty awesome! That place is such a good workout, I need to go there more often. Kyle watched Katelyn all by himself for the first time so we could go out. He did such a great job and had tons of fun with Katelyn. She was fast asleep by the time we got home at 1am. I haven't stayed out that late since before I had Katelyn... it was great!

Devon, Ayse and Katelyn
Look how cute she looks with her bow! She has so much hair!
Giddy up Cowgirls!

Saturday morning we all slept in and relaxed since we had gone to bed so late Friday night. Then we headed down to the beach house to enjoy the rain. What a bummer that it was so overcast and rainy, but we had fun in spite of the weather. My cousins Jamie and Andrew drove up from San Diego and Devon's sister Erin drove down from Huntington Beach to hang out with everyone. Katelyn was all smiles and laughs hanging out with everyone and watching football on tv. We left Katelyn with Kyle's mom so she could take a nap while all of us went out to dinner. We took everyone to Ho Sum Bistro in Newport; a Californiental spot that we were introduced to a couple years ago. It was so wonderful to be out with a group of adults without having to worry about entertaining a baby while trying to carry on an adult conversation. After dinner we went back to the beach house to enjoy some Sierra Madre Vineyard wine, and good conversation. Ayse, Erin and Devon loved the wine! It was a late night for Katelyn since we didn't leave the beach house till 11pm, which is past her bedtime, but she was having so much fun she didn't even notice. It was after midnight when she finally made it to bed and I have to say I was so bummed when she decided to wake up at 5am wanting to eat because I had to get up and take Ayse to the airport at 6:30.

The Group: Erin, Devon, Ayse, Me, Kyle, Jamie, and Andrew
Cheers!
Jamie, Katelyn and Lucy enjoying the sunset
I love making my baby girl laugh!
"Ah Boo!"

Ayse left early this morning and Devon slept while I took her to the airport. I was home 40 minutes later, back in my pj's and crawling into bed. Devon and I slept in, made breakfast and spent the day relaxing. Katelyn had a busy weekend so I was trying to stay home for most of the day so she could sleep and try and get back on schedule. For dinner we took Devon to one of our favorite restaurants in Irvine called Go Roma. It's an Italian version of Pei Wei and the food is delicious!!!! After dinner we took Devon to meet up with her sister so she could spend a couple days with her before she heads back to Orlando on Tuesday morning. Erin has to work tomorrow during the day so Devon and I will get to hang out a little bit more. yeah!! =) This weekend has been so much fun, yet so exhausting at the same time. Between staying up late, and taking care of Katelyn, I'm ready for a low key week this week.

Devon, Katelyn and I before we headed out to dinner
Smile Katelyn...no... okay
"Muah" Mama loves you!

Thanks Devon and Ayse for coming out to visit me and see Katelyn. I love you both!!


1 comments:

The Bredensteiners said...

That's so great that you still keep in touch with and visit Ayse and Devon! So fun!