Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Brayden's 6 week check up

Today I took Brayden in for his 6 week check up. I know it's weird since he's almost 8 weeks old, but that's what they called it. Brayden is doing great and growing steadily. He weighed in at 12lbs 10 oz (75 percentile) and is now 23.5 inches (75 percentile) long. He grew over 3 inches in the last 4 weeks. We had evidence of this as he's outgrown all his Newborn and 0-3 month clothes. Thank goodness for gift receipts as I just exchanged a bunch of his Christmas clothes from BabyGap for a bigger size. He is strong and can hold his neck up very well when on his tummy and is still rolling over from his back to his tummy during "tummy time." The medicine has really helped his acid reflux and I'm still praying that he'll only have to be on it a short time longer. Since we started the medicine I finally got my 4 hour stretch of sleep between 9pm-1am. However, the doctor suggested that I sleep feed him at 11pm so that I can get him to sleep till 3-4 in the morning. I'm praying it works! I'll keep you posted.

Thank you for your continued prayers, support and encouragement! We are loving watching Brayden grow and change each day.





Katelyn was such a wonderful big sister. She waited patiently in the office while Brayden had his check up. She kept pointing to the truck on the wall and saying "truck."

0 comments: