Sunday, July 27, 2008

Lunch with the Grandparents

Today Kyle and I had lunch with his parents after church at Mimi's Cafe, one of favorite places to go. I love that they serve breakfast all day... mostly because I could eat breakfast for any meal during the day. Katelyn loved visiting with her grandma and grandpa, and she behaved so well at the restaurant. Katelyn is starting to smile more and more these days (even thought I have yet to be lucky enough to catch it on camera) and so it was fun to watch Doug, Kyle's dad, joking around with her to get her to smile. I'm convinced that she has almost figured out that the word smile goes with the action as we repeat the word to her over and over every time she smiles. My favorite moments in my day are when she wakes up from a nap and smiles at me, or when she smiles and talks to me while I'm changing her diaper. Katelyn was so worn out from lunch that the moment I pulled her out of the car when we got home, she passed out on my shoulder. She's napping in her crib, which is nice because it's giving Kyle and I some good quality time to hang out. Lunch was delicious, thanks Grandma and Grandpa .... see you soon!

0 comments: