Sunday, July 6, 2008

A day with the family

My Dad and Siobhan arrived on July 1st and my brother Josh arrived on July 3rd and we've been having lots of fun spending time with them. It's so much fun to watch my Dad interact with Katelyn. He is truly enjoying being a Grandpa. Katelyn, being the cuddler that she is, loves spending time with her Grandpa. Josh is also great with Katelyn. The other night, while I was getting dinner ready with Dad, he held her, and she didn't even fuss when she got the hiccups. She is truly loved by all those around her. It's going to be sad when my family leaves. In the midst of having family here I'm trying to make sure that I'm getting the sleep that I need. Some days I feel like a zombie!

Today Doug and Jan invited my Dad, Siobhan, Josh, Kyle, Katelyn and I over for a bbq. It was beautiful down at the beach today! Kyle and I felt that it was a wonderful, relaxing day that we both needed, especially since I was up with Katelyn till 3:30 last night. I'm not sure why some nights she sleeps on a 3 hour schedule and then other nights she really struggles to fall asleep. Thankfully, she ate and now she's sleeping; giving me some time to relax and spend time with Kyle. We are watching one of our favorite shows, Flipping Out, on TLC. Amazing!!!!! If you haven't seen it, you need to.

Ok, so I'm a little tired and I realize that this post might not make much sense and tomorrow when I go back and read it, it might need some editing. If so, I apologize to those of you who read this and it seems to bounce all over the place.

I haven't been taking as many pictures as I'd like to and it's been several days since I've posted new pictures of our beautiful baby girl. I took lot's of pictures today to share with all of you.


Katelyn spending time with her Uncle Josh. He is so good with her, she just slept in his arms. 
Katelyn took a 2 1/2 hour nap in her swing today. YEAH! It was a nice break for me and allowed me to shower and get ready for the day.
Katelyn and her Grandma Circle.
Katelyn and her Uncle Brendan, Kyle's brother. He just graduated from Princeton University on June 3 and it enjoying his first summer off before he begins working at Pimco in August.
I took several pictures of Grandpa, Brendan, Kyle and Katelyn, but this one is my favorite. They are all doting on her, and of course, she is enjoying every minute of it. I feel that this picture truly captures how much Katelyn is loved.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the pic of all the guys looking at her. so precious!