Tuesday, July 29, 2008

EARTHQUAKE!!

Katelyn experienced her first California earthquake today. The epicenter was about 30 miles from us and the earthquake was a 5.8! So there I was sitting on our sofa, relaxing and feeding my baby girl when I began to feel the windows rattle. My first thought was that the teenagers living in our complex were bumping their music too loud again. Then I felt the earth start to roll. Since I was trained in earthquake disasters my natural inclination was to drop to the ground, cover my baby girl and protect the back of my neck. I'm sure I looked hilarious with the Breastfriend snapped around my waist, bend over trying to cover Katelyn when Kyle came running out to check on us. I immediately told him to stop running around the house during the earthquake and drop to the floor. He's crazy, but I'm glad he was quick to come check on Katelyn and I. The earthquake went on for what seemed like 30 seconds to 1 minute then stopped. I was able to resume feeding Katelyn, who is now fussing in her swing because no one is paying attention to her and she's tired. She hasn't quite figured out how to self soothe yet. Well, I'm off to get her.
Love K, K & A

0 comments: