Monday, July 14, 2008

Katelyn is 1 month old!

It's hard to believe how fast time goes by and our little one is already 1 month old. She is so amazing and I'm enjoying every minute of her cuddles, and I'm quickly getting used to her late night and early morning feedings. We feel so blessed by her amazing personality, her strength, and all the cute noises and faces she makes. Kyle and I joke that we are learning to meet her needs based on what noises and sounds and gestures she makes, not just her cries. When she's gassy she makes little cranky noises and pumps her legs, when she's hungry she'll peck her head against your shoulder or chest, like a wood pecker, and when she wants to cuddle she'll try and worm crawl or roll toward you. It's pretty phenomenal. I still let her sleep with us at night, but I resigned to the fact that when you're tired, you do whatever will allow you a little bit of sleep. My goal is to get her in her crib at night in the next couple of weeks.

Our lives have been jam packed lately, which is why I haven't blogged in almost a week! We have hung out with Grandpa and Siobhan, gone to a 4th of July BBQ and a second party at the beach, gone to the mall, taken trips in the car, gone the mall again, and had two back to back parties at the beach house this weekend. Brendan and Leah's graduation party on Saturday and then a family bbq on Sunday. She has been loved and cuddled by so many. She is a little spoiled and very cared for. It's also given Kyle and I a break to socialize and not have a little one attached to us. Although, I would be tempted to argue that mostly she's attached to me, but that's the wonderful part about breast feeding. It's been so wonderful to be surrounded by so much family to watch her grow and share in the same joys that we're experiencing.

Kyle and I have been trying to remember to take tons of pictures of Katelyn as it feels like she looks bigger and different every day. Today my friend Stephanie and I took our little ones to get their pictures taken. Katelyn got her 1 month old pictures, and Jaden got his 1 year old pictures. Apart from having 2 crying, hungry babies towards the end of the photo shoot, it was fun to get out of the house. Jaden is getting so big, I remember when he was born last June, now he's 1 and his Mama is 3 months pregnant with their second. It's great because our children will be so close in age. I don't get the picture I chose back till July 25, but I'll scan it and post it online for everyone to see. In the meantime here are some more recent photos of Katelyn.

This is a cute little outfit that my brother Josh bought Katelyn. He got it at Old Navy. She looked so adorable in it that I gave her a bath and we had a little photo shoot of our own.




I know you can tell I look exhausted in this picture, but we took my Dad and Siobhan to Opah and we hadn't been back since our 3 year anniversary, the night we conceived Katelyn. So, of course, we had to take a family picture. She got so many compliments from people at the restaurant!

0 comments: