Sunday, July 20, 2008

Date Night Friday Night

For the first time since our precious little Katelyn was born, Kyle and I had a date night. While I felt anxious a couple days prior to the big night, I found myself at peace about leaving our little one. Worst case scenario we'd have to leave and come get her. Where did we go you might ask. We went to a baseball game. Every season I always try to go to at least 2 games. I like to watch the Red Sox play the Angels and the Yankees play the Angels. Friday night the Red Sox were in town and I really wanted to go to the game. I guess you know you're a fan when you will leave your 4 1/2 week old baby with grandma, crossing your fingers she'll take the bottle of pumped milk, so you can watch a baseball game.

We dropped Katelyn off around 6 p.m. with Grandma and Grandpa Circle and headed to meet up with our good friends AJ and Elaina for the game. Since we have four tickets, it gives us a great opportunity to connect with good friends we don't always get to see. It was great to catch up with them and hear all about what's going on in their lives. They are a wonderful couple and we're always excited to see them. The game on the other hand wasn't so exciting (for the Red Sox anyway). After starting out the game with a close score, the Red Sox lost their momentum and the Angels brought in run after run. In the end the Red Sox lost the game 11-3!!!! Talk about a loss! I have to say they didn't do much better yesterday. They started off ahead 2-0 then in the 7th gave up 4 runs and never regained the lead. Maybe I have bad ju-ju, as they've lost both games I've watched!! *lol*

Katelyn did awesome with Grandma and Auntie Leah. She took her bottle, slept, and even spent some awake time hanging out. I was so proud of myself, I only texted Leah 1 time to find out how she was doing. Now that we know she does so well, we'll have to leave her more often so we can have date nights. I really want to see Dark Knight, so it might be our next excuse to spend some time alone.

Here are some pictures from the game.
Our friends AJ and Elaina, who pastor a church in Long Beach, called Origins. It's an amazing church, and if you are in the area or looking for something new, you should check this church out.
The Sox went through 5 pitchers during the game, so we saw this mound "pow wow" a lot during the game.
Kyle and I enjoying a night out on the town. We missed you Katelyn!!

0 comments: