Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A New Vision

While Kyle was in Nashville, TN, a couple months ago he was introduced to an incredible man of God by the name of Michael Guido, most commonly known to his friends as Guido. He has, for 25 years, traveled with bands such as DC Talk, POD, Michael W. Smith, Chris Daughtry, and many more as a tour pastor. These men call him and ask him to come out on the road and be an accountability partner to them for their faith and their actions. This amazing man has a incredible testimony filled with love, forgiveness and redemption and has lived his life serving God in a ministry that is not as glamorous or "sexy" as everyone might think it is. It's tough for bands to leave their wives and families for months at a time to go out on the road, sleep in a small bunk in a tour bus, or a bench in a 15 passenger van. It can be lonely, and filled with surprising temptations. Guido has, over the years, gone out on the road, asking for nothing, and just pouring out his life to minister to them. His ministry, PR Ministries (http://prministries.com), relies on donations from bands he has formerly worked with and people like you and me who hear about his ministry and want to support him. 

This past Sunday night Guido and his family were in town and they put time aside to visit with Kyle and I. After spending a couple hours with them I felt as though I had known them forever! I was encouraged, uplifted, humbled, and spiritually in awe of the faith that his family has in God to provide for all their needs so that they can serve Him. The purpose for this post is this: Go to his website, read his testimony, and if God is calling you help support his ministry. Whether it's a one time gift or money set aside to give PR Ministries each month. 


Here is a wonderful summation of who Guido is by David Tosti, formerly of PAX 217:
"There are certain people that we all come across in our lives that inspire us, move us to be better humans, and explain love through the way they breathe and my friend Guido is that, for me. Guido and I met about 7 years ago, when I was singing and touring with my band, PAX217. We met in a mall in Nashville, TN and struck up a rich, deep, friendship. If I could only explain what he does and more importantly WHO he is, I would. I guess I will give it a try. He is a MAN, in the truest sense. A husband, father to 5 children of his own, and a father to many many more artists. He has invested himself for the past 25 years into the lives, families, and essentially the hearts, of many multi-platinum (and not multi-platinum, like myself) artists. He is an example of what it means to be a father and a fighter. He has given himself to extreme ends to speak life into artists through out the years. I’m so grateful to have crossed paths and built such an amazing a relationship. Last night, we connected at the spectrum on a whim. Here’s to you Guido, you have made my life more powerful. Find what he does here, and if you’re on facebook, I invite you to add his “cause” and give to his work"


Here's a picture of all of us at Pinkberry at the Irvine Spectrum


Thank you Guido for sharing your testimony, your life, and your family with us. Love K, A, & baby K

0 comments: