Monday, August 25, 2008

I love relaxing Sundays

Today was such a relaxing day and the perfect way to end our weekend and kick off a new week. After spending Saturday doing a major apartment cleaning and hanging some pictures we keep meaning to hang, it was great to sleep in on Sunday and spend the day relaxing. When I sleep in, I mean, for me, the sleep that comes between 11:30 and 5:00 and then 5:30 - whenever Katelyn wakes up hungry again. Yesterday that was around 9:45 so I got a really good nights sleep. Kyle and I got up, piddled around the house and I made our favorite - blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Yum!! We decided after our lazy morning to head to Fashion Island (mall in Newport Beach) to walk around for a little while before dinner with the family. It was so great to enjoy the sunshine and mentally note all the cute clothes and the latest fashions. Katelyn enjoyed people watching, especially while she was drinking her bottle.

After walking around Fashion Island we headed to the beach house for a bbq with Doug, Jan, Leah and Brendan. Tomorrow Brendan starts his new job at Pimpco and so we joked with him that his life is now over!! *lol* Leah started her job at Allergan a couple weeks ago and it thoroughly enjoying it. It's so crazy to think that when Kyle and I began dating Leah was a junior and Brendan was a senior in high school. Now they are both graduated from college and in the working world. My how time goes by so fast. It was so great spending time with the family and Katelyn loved all the cuddles and attention from her grandma, grandpa, aunt and uncle. All in all it was a fabulous day, and we're ready for the new week to begin.

Love, Kyle, Alissa, & Katelyn

0 comments: