Saturday, August 9, 2008

Happy Baby!

Yesterday Katelyn woke up all smiles and it gave me a chance to get some adorable photos of her. I'm so amazed on a daily basis about how fast she is growing and changing. When she was first born she looked so much like Kyle and now that she's older she's starting to look like a nice mix of the both of us. Sometimes, in the morning, when I nurse her I tell her she needs to stop growing so fast. I'm trying to savor every moment with her because before we know it she will be all grown up and have met the man that God's been preparing for her and she will be getting married and starting a family of her own. When that day comes I'm going to go back through all these posts and remind myself of all the wonderful memories we've created. It's so wonderful to see her personality start to become evident. 

This weekend we're up in Big Bear. We had a rocky start last night, which landed us in the Big Bear ER. We arrived at 7:15pm and she had slept the whole way up here. After feeding her when we got here the fussiness started and at 1:00 am, after not being able to console her for more than a few minutes at a time, Kyle and I decided to take her in and make sure there wasn't something more serious wrong with her. Turns out that she was having trouble adjusting to the altitude and her ears were bothering her. We got home at 2:00am, I nursed her and then proceeded to sleep with her holding the pacifier in her mouth. From 2-4 she would not stay asleep unless I was holding the pacifier in her mouth. I think it helped because I fed her again at 4 am and she slept till 8:30am, ate, slept till 11am, ate again and fell back to sleep until a minute ago. Now she's all smiles as she hangs out with her daddy and her grandma. We're so relieved that there's nothing seriously wrong and that she's feeling much more adjusted today.

I'm off to feed my baby girl. Love - A




0 comments: