Monday, August 11, 2008

Big Bear Weekend

After a rough start on Friday night Katelyn was able to adjust to being in the mountains and enjoyed her weekend. For the most part we relaxed and watched the Olympics. We had such a wonderful time with Kyle's parents and were thrilled that they invited us up to spend time with them this weekend. After a weekend of relaxation and delicious home cooked meals, we decided to venture out for breakfast this morning. There's a restaurant called The Grizzly up in Big Bear that is so delicious, but the portions are so big that I'm quite sure it's the epidemic for obesity with the possibility of a heart attack on a plate. Never the less we love to eat there and if we share the meal, and leave some on the plate, we still find ourselves full. Kyle and I always get bacon, scrambled eggs, hash browns and blueberry pancakes. YUM!! It was so great to get away from Orange County. That's the great thing about California, we're just 15 min. from the beach and 2 hours away from the mountains and the desert. There's so much to do here to stay entertained, not to mention we house the happiest place on earth .... Disneyland.

Kyle and I arrived home around 4pm and Kyle set about to do some work while Katelyn and I took a nap. As I'm writing this and cooking dinner, Kyle and Katelyn are taking a short nap as Katelyn woke up with a little bit of a fever. Hopefully she's not fighting something she might have picked up when we took her to the ER. 


Hang time with Grandpa Circle.
Nap time with Mama. We were watching the Olympics on Saturday night and since I didn't get a nap that afternoon, I fell asleep after nursing Katelyn.
Hanging with Daddy while Mommy got the bath ready.
Hanging with Grandma.

We're not sure who taught her this but we keep seeing her do this!! haha
New pj's!!! I'm outgrowing my newborn clothes and into my 0-3 month stuff. *tear* My little girl is growing up so fast!
Eating at The Grizzly. I think that Katelyn ate the healthiest meal, "Mama's Milk"

1 comments:

Palmer Family said...

Yeah! So glad the rest of your weekend went well and that you guys were able to relax and enjoy! Scary trip to the ER!
We can't wait to find out if we are having a boy or girl either! So exciting!
Lets totally hang out soon! We will have to figure out when will work for both of our schedules! I feel like Katelyn will be having her first birthday party before I see her again at the rate we are going!
Love you guys too!