Friday, June 27, 2008

More Adorable Pictures of Katelyn

I've been trying to take as many pictures as possible of Katelyn so that I can share them with all of you. She has become such a little cuddler. This is fabulous during the day, but at night I'm struggling to find ways to keep her in her crib! She loves being near Kyle and I and when she notices she is not, she starts to cry. Any advice for helping me to help her transition?

Katelyn and I cuddling on the sofa after she had her breakfast. When I start kissing her, she takes her head, and puts it on my face. The connection that happens between a mother and her baby is absolutely amazing and surreal!
Often times when I'm getting ready for the day and Katelyn begins to get antsy sleeping on her own, I take her to Kyle. She loves to relax on or next to her daddy and listen to him talk on the phone. Maybe I need to tape him talking on the phone all day and play it for her in her nursery at night so that she'll sleep in her crib.

Pretty in pink!!! It's so beautiful out today that I took the co-sleeper and put it on the coffee table next to the window so she could sleep in the sun. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting so many pics of Katelyn, she is just too cute. As far as advice goes with getting her adjusted with sleeping not attached to you guys. We swaddled both of our girls and played classical music with whitenoise behind it.... the key is doing this right away, you have to teach her that this is how we sleep, hang in there she will catch on. Love you all.

Unknown said...

I'm really enjoying your pictures of Katelyn; it's such a precious (and horribly short) time in your life as a parent! As for the sleeping in the crib- I was such a sucker; I slept with all 3 of my boys until they were 10 months... Good Luck!

Kelly said...

First of all, she is ABSOLUTELY adorable!!

As for the sleeping, I am like Sarah, Archer was in the pack and play next to my bed until he was 5months old. This made is easier on me for night feeding...or if I just wanted to look at him. Then at 5 months, there were just a couple of nights that began with crying but ended up fine. Also, I used a sound machine for white noise also...still do!

Christine said...

Katelyn is so precious! I can't wait to see her. You make such a cute little family. :) We want to bring you dinner soon.

You might feel better if you know what she is doing in her crib. Have you seen the video monitors? My sister has one and it has helped out a bunch because you can see if she is okay and when you need to go and pick her up. Plus it might help you in the transition because you can still feel close to her even though she is a room away.