Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I love weddings

On Sunday, despite the fact that I was having labor contractions every 15 minutes, Kyle and I headed to Newport Beach to watch a dear friend of ours get married. Ashlee was a BEAUTIFUL bride and we had such a wonderful time at her wedding. Her father gave the most touching toast about how when Ashlee was born, he cut the umbilical cord and once they had cleaned her off they handed her to him and he said he forgot he even had a wife for a moment. He fell in love with her the moment she arrived. Ashlee wasn't the only one in tears, I'm pretty sure there wasn't a dry eye in the house. The food was delicious and Kyle and I even hit the dance floor to boggie down for a few songs. It actually felt good to get up there and dance. By the end of the wedding we were both exhausted and my contractions had slowed down. While I'm positive she's going to arrive early, even in the next couple of days, we were glad Katelyn waited on her arrival so we could attend Ashlee and Chris' wedding. We really didn't want to miss it!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a pretty wedding! her dress looks just like mine....man I wish there was annual "wear your wedding dress to work day". good for you for getting up and dancing!