Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Weekend at the Vineyard

Last weekend Katelyn and I drove to Santa Maria with my brother-in-law Brendan and his girlfriend Ashtyn for a visit at the vineyard. My sister-in-law Leah met us there as well. Kyle's parents head up to their vineyard every year for the grape crushing and we try and visit for at least one weekend. Last year we got to see the grape crushing happen, but this year we all got to participate. We began by heading to the vineyard to watch the workers harvest the grapes and then headed to the winery for the crushing. Katelyn loved snacking on the Chardonnay grapes as they were harvested. Everyone one thought her enthusiasm was so adorable. I can't get over how much the girl loves fruit. Could it be because I lived on it while I was pregnant with her? If there's a correlation I'm in trouble because Brayden's going to come out loving chocolate! yikes! It was fun to get away for the weekend and Katelyn loved having so many people to play with and pay attention to her.










At the winery. First you shovel the grapes into a large metal vat and it then travels up a conveyor belt to the crusher. As it travels up the belt the grapes need to be sorted so that only the good ones end up going in the crusher. Since I had to watch Katelyn, I was the official photographer for the day. No objections here!
Brendan shoveling grapes
The "lovebirds!"

Brendan and Leah
Katelyn enjoying some time with her Uncle B! She's really missing her daddy so I think she was glad to have her uncle around to play with for a few days.

0 comments: