Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Trip to Reading, Mass, to visit family

Last Wednesday Katelyn and I headed to Massachusetts to visit my Mom and Nana and Papa for 6 days. I knew that pretty soon I wasn't going to be able to travel and Labor Day weekend was the perfect time to go because my Mom had several days off work. We had such a great trip filled with trips to the park, visiting with family, family pictures, and of course I got a little break and a chance to relax. The trip over wasn't too bad, other than the fact that Katelyn figured out how to unbuckle the seat belt and kept wanting to get down and run around. She wasn't too thrilled when I made her sit in my lap during take off and landing. I didn't have my nice camera with me, and often forgot to grab my little one, but here are some of the pictures from our trip.
On the plane ride over:

finally passed out and got some sleep:
Learning how to play the piano with her Great Nana:
Helping her Great Papa
One of the nights we were there we took Katelyn to Bean Town, where everything you see is made of jelly beans. It was so cool. We got ice cream and watched the water and light show. Katelyn loved it!!




Katelyn loves to cuddle with her Grandma. She would rock with her, and follow her around the house everywhere she went.

The street my grandparents live on is in a quiet neighborhood with an elementary school at the end of the street. So we would take Katelyn outside and let her run around in the yard and on the side walks. It's so hard to get good pictures of her once she gets going ... she's fast!


We ordered pizza one night and even though Katelyn had eaten her dinner she decided to dig in and enjoy some as well. I would never let her eat out of the box standing up at home, but I guess that's what Grandma's house is for... spoiling! She loved the pizza, it was hilarious to watch her try and eat it without cutting it up first.


On the morning we left we had family pictures taken, including a 4 generation picture of my Nana, Mom, myself and Katelyn. Stay tuned I will post them soon. We returned home last night on a late flight that was very turbulent. Katelyn cried most of the flight because she was tired and couldn't roam around due to the turbulence. After being on the plane for 6 hours I was so ready to de-board and get home. Katelyn was so excited to see her daddy, although she didn't see much of him before she passed out in her carseat on the way home and didn't even wake up when I changed her diaper and put her to bed. We all got up early this morning and Katelyn got to spend some time with Kyle before we headed back to the airport to send Kyle off on his trip. It was a great trip, but it's nice to be home and be able to sleep in my own bed. Speaking of sleep, that's where I'm headed. More to come tomorrow....

0 comments: