Saturday, September 1, 2007

One Final Walk Through and I'm Going Home to Bed!

After a week of teacher's inservices and disaster training, I'm not going to lie, I'm EXHAUSTED!!! I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to buy more coffee this weekend just to help me adjust to getting up many hours earlier than I was over the summer. I did learn one important thing this week... if an earthquake hits, Kyle and I have NO preparations needed to hold us over until we are rescued. Hmmm, guess I need to add a flashlight to my Target list. At Wednesdays training I found out that I'm on the search and rescue team, not sure how I'm feeling about that, but they tell me my adrenaline will kick in and I'll be fine. I don't deny this assumption, however, I'm anticipating being the "screamer" should such an disaster occur. Would I be able to re-enter a building I couldn't wait to exit in order to save other people's lives. Yes, but not without some hesitation if I'm going to be honest, and isn't that what blogs are for.... honesty? I love all of our students and I know that if I was put to the test, I would do my best to pass with flying colors (yes, that is the over achiever in my speaking), but if I didn't believe in God and the knowledge that I'm going to end up in Heaven, I'm not so sure.

Although we did spend a great deal of the week in meetings, I was able to spend much needed planning time in my room, and put the finishing touches on my "decor." Since I moved some things around, I decided to put my final walk through pictures up on my blog. If you are reading this, and have a personal relationship with Jesus, please pray for my students and myself this year. It's going to be a wonderful, exciting year, and I feel that the pictures will help you picture me teaching my students in my classroom as you are praying for our school year. I was also put in charge of the Middle School bulletin board, and since I am SO proud of it, I had to uplaod the picture. I made the annoucement today that no one's allowed to ever take it down because it took me 2 hours to put up today. It might not look like it, but it takes forever to measure paper and make sure when you put it up it's not crooked.

Well, I'm heading to bed. I babysat last night and tonight for a wonderful family at the Ritz-Carlton, and I'm going back again tomorrow. After this past week, I'm ready to sleep in!






Middle School Bulletin Board

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Alissa,
YOUR classroom looks awesome! You are going to do a fantastic job! I LOVE the bulletin board in the hallway...too cute.
I'll be praying for you.
Kelly

Katie Claire said...

Looks beautiful! See you tomorrow. :)