Thursday, September 20, 2007

On my way!!

Tonight I had my third class for my master's research paper. It's a little overwhelming when I look over all the samples and see people who have great ideas and have written 100-150 page papers. Will I be able to do that?! Do I have that much to say, and is it really going to be interesting for this mystery educator with years of teaching experience who is reading it? I know it sounds weird but it stresses me out that they give everyting to us in small chunks and then leave the rest a mystery. Being a language arts teacher for 6, 7, and 8th grades, I need to feel like I can work ahead when I have the extra time. However, I do realize that they have a system in place for a reason and it obviously works otherwise people would probably have anxiety attacks and then never finish their papers, thus resulting in them not recieving their masters. I do not want to be one of those people. Thankfully, I have supportive husband and theres NO WAY he'd let me quit on the home stretch. The good news is that I have chosen my topic, come up with my main research question and written my introduction.

Please keep me in your prayers as I'm working on balancing planning curriculum, grading tests, projects and homework, spending time with Kyle, and writing my thesis paper. If there was ever a time in my life when I needed to remind myself to take on day at a time and keep my eyes on Jesus, I'm sure this is one of them.

Blessings,
Alissa

0 comments: