Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cookie Decorating

Today, after Katelyn's doctor's appointment we were supposed to head over to Katelyn's friend's Jake and Brooke's house to decorate the cookies she and I made yesterday. However, Jake came home from preschool sick and so I promised that after "night night" (nap time) she could decorate her "Ka Ka" (cookie in her words). As soon as she got up she was already in the kitchen pointing to the cookies on the counter. Who knew she would understand what activity she had missed out on that morning and that she would remember after her nap that I had told her she could decorate a cookie. So I set everything up in the kitchen and she had a BLAST decorating and eating her cookie. Talk about a sugar rush. Should help her sleep tonight once she crashes from the sugar high. Just kidding!

While Katelyn decorated her cookie we were able to get on the computer and Skype with her Great-Nana so she could watch her. I think it was fun for both of them. I love Skype, it's been such an amazing video chat program for my family the last 2 years.






We tried to involve Brayden, but this is how he chose to spend his time rather than decorating cookies. Oh well, maybe next year!

0 comments: