Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Baking with Mama

Yesterday Katelyn and I baked sugar cookies.

Yikes!

I've not attempted this with her yet, mostly because I wasn't sure if she would enjoy it and because of the mess that I would need to clean up. I know, I'm a mom now, I need to get over the whole "cleaning up the mess" thing.

It was so much fun! Katelyn helped stir the dough and sat on the counter cutting shapes. Of course she kept wanting to stick her fingers in the dough to taste it. The dough from the Betty Crocker package did not come out the way it claims it will on the package and we weren't able to cut shapes and have them make it to the cookie sheet in one piece so we opted to make circle cookies instead.

We made 2 packages so I can have some for the house, and give some to our awesome apartment maintenance staff as we do every year.

This was the perfect mother/daughter activity, especially since Katelyn is really getting into pretend play activities. She likes to pretend to be a mommy and to play in her little kitchen.




0 comments: