Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy 2-9 Birthday to me!

Today is my birthday. It was an amazing day! A day where I had Kyle all to myself the entire day. He took off work, and all his calls went to voicemail.We've been so busy and then Katelyn and I got sick, we haven't been able to spend time just the 2 of us. Something we've been working diligently to do every week or as often as we can. Katelyn and I stayed at the beach house last night because Kyle was out late with Bidwell at The Roxy for their 2nd showcase show. It went great! I slept in, yes Katelyn slept in till 10am with me.... oh yeah! Then we spent the morning hanging out until Kyle came to pick me up.  Jan watch Katelyn for us so we could spend the whole day together. The weather was amazing, sunny and beautiful! We went to lunch at Ruby's and then walked around Fashion Island. All I wanted to do was window shop, while holding hands with my hubbie!  Sappy, I know, but I don't mind! After walking around for a couple of hours we headed back to the beach house so I could nurse Katelyn and then get ready to go to dinner. Kyle was even able to sneak in a much needed nap. We took some family pictures on the deck while the sunset behind us and then Kyle and I headed to Tommy Bahamas for dinner. We love the ambiance and the food there and decided it was the perfect spot for us to wine and dine and have good conversation. Dinner was fabulous! In fact I'm eating dessert right now as I blog.... yummy! Thanks babe for making my birthday so special. I love you more than words could ever express.
Love, A xoxoxo



ok I have to brag a little.... I've lost all my baby weight + an additional 4 pounds

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Good for you on losing your baby weight!!! It's a great feeling to know you can fit into your clothes again! I'm proud of you honey!

FRANSZTASTIC said...

happy bday alissa! sounds like some great 1:1 time with kyle & yourself! always needed to reconnect. mike & i need to do more of that. i love tommy bahamas, mike has taken me there 2 yrs. in a row for my bday & celebrating getting preggers. p.s. you look awesome! great job on losing the weight, i remember hitting my mark, you just feel so good. now, i'm watching the scale inch back up :) all worth it in the end!

Anonymous said...

It was supposed to be a routine checkup for an ear infection of their first child. But last month, when Joel and Jess McClenahan took their precious 11-month-old baby girl, Cora Paige, to the pediatrician, they discovered Cora had stage-four cancer. Two weeks after the diagnosis, Cora died, leaving the McClenahan’s with a mind-numbing grief and a host of unanswered questions.


And yet, Joel and Jess clung to their faith in Jesus to sustain them. On their blog, which they created the day Cora was born for the benefit of friends and family, Jess wrote: “Joel and I can’t make it through this on our own, but we know we can with the Lord walking with us each step of the way, ‘God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble,’ Psalm 46:1.”


When they began to blog about Cora’s diagnosis and treatment, Cora’s story went “viral” on the web and, almost overnight, the events surrounding little Cora’s life and death was followed by concerned visitors from around the world. A reported 800,000 hits from 17 countries has produced a groundswell of condolences and support. While Cora couldn’t speak a word, her story has already touched the lives of people the world over.


In honor of Cora’s life, the McClenahan’s are planning to build “Cora’s Playground” on the grounds of their church, Grace Community. Speaking to Channel 12 Eyewitness News in Newton, KS, they explained, “We just felt like there was nothing more important than little kids hearing about Jesus so [building the playground] would be a little way that we could contribute to that.” Of the needed $45,000 necessary to erect the playground, $31,000 has been raised to date.


This week has been especially difficult for the McClenahan’s