Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Keeping busy

I know I haven't blogged in a couple of days. Sorry! Katelyn and I have been keeping busy with our last MOPs for this semester and Christmas shopping it feels like the days fly by in a blur. Then yesterday I picked up the book The Shack and began reading and I couldn't put it down. I'm trying to find different ways to relax at least for an hour while Katelyn naps everyday. If you haven't read it, this book is AMAZING!! I'm almost finished with the book and it's really forced me to look at God as Papa and understand more about his relationship with me. People aren't kidding when they say that when you have a baby you begin to understand the fervency of God's love for us, but I feel there's so much more about God I need to learn and understand. If you are looking for a good book to curl up I highly recommend this one. If you've read it I'd love to chat with you about what you thought.

On the home front Katelyn is on her way to crawling already. At 5 1/2 months she really is a smart cookie. For the past several days she's been pushing up on her hands and knees and then pushing herself backwards. Then Monday she figured out how to rock back and forth on her hands and knees. Today Kyle and I witnessed her take her first 2 "crawls" forward. Yikes! She's figuring out how to go forward. She's so excited that all she wants to do is hang out on her tummy! We're so proud of her! Pretty soon we're going to be baby proofing our house. I caught some of her new "moves" on camera today. Enjoy!

Love,
Alissa
xoxo

1 comments:

FRANSZTASTIC said...

wow! i'm so impressed with this video clip!!! that's even more than ella is doing...ella is more of a roller. great job in helping her progress! i am reading the "shack" as well, but i got stuck in the middle & haven't had the motivation to finish...maybe i'll plug through.