Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Turning over a new leaf

I know it's not the New Year yet, but I'm making a new resolution. It's time to get serious about loosing the baby weight. I only have a few pounds left to loose and I'm working on getting motivated. Today was day 1 of my "new leaf." My friend Jessica and I went walking with our kids today. It was so beautiful out and it felt great to exercise. In fact, I felt a boost of energy for the rest of the day. We decided we're going to start walking on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and then I'm going to try to walk one additional day during the week. Wish me luck.... gotta stay motivated!

2 comments:

FRANSZTASTIC said...

good for you alissa! i'm stoked that you have a walking friend in jessica!! walking is the BEST way to lose that weight, it's how i lost all mine, and then some :) it is totally true that you have a boost of energy throughout the day. it's a misconception that people have about working out that they will be more tired. i actually had to stay inside all day yesterday, no walk, b/c ella was super sick...i felt more drained yesterday not being able to walk. Good luck!

Meygan said...

Yeah for you. I always feel better and more full of life after a good walk or jog in the morning...even when I am so tired-it is still worth it. Plus, it is good fellowship and exercise. I would love for you to join Jessica and me anytime for a walk. Just give me a call