Sunday, September 14, 2008

Family Photo Day

We had an adventurous day taking family photos today. Kyle, Katelyn and I slept in this morning and then went to meet up with Doug and Jan at the airport to pick up Leah, Brendan, Dave Tosti (the photographer) and his assistant. Our first stop was one of the facilities where they crush the grapes from Sierra Madre Vineyard. We spent several hours shooting with the large wine barrels as our background. We even got a few great shots of Katelyn sitting in a wine bottle box surrounded by corks for the Sierra Madre wine bottles. She looked so adorable!!! Next we were off to the vineyard to have some lunch and then take pictures among the vines. We did family shots on the John Deere tractor, amongst the grape vines, and drinking wine as a family. Yes I will admit I did try a tiny bit of the wine... it was delicious!! Katelyn was a trouper for most of the day, but as the sun began to set she turned into a tired little pumpkin. Poor baby, she cried and slept and cried and slept. We finally made it back to the hotel after dinner around 9:45ish, bathed our exhausted child, fed her and she is now as snug as a bug in a rug in her bed. I'm pretty sure she's going to sleep through the night since she didn't get a real nap today, just a couple 20 min. catnaps. We're so proud of her and we can't wait to see how cute her pictures turned out!

Since I spent a majority of the day holding her in my arms I didn't get to take many pictures until later in the day so I will have to wait to post more pictures from today till we get them back from the photographer. Here are the few that I did get.

Katelyn chillin' between photos
Sierra Madre Vineyard
Doug, Brendan and Kyle

Leah and I posing on the tractor
Dave Tosti (Tosti Studios) hard at work
Kyle and I posing on the tractor
The trailer on the vineyard where Kyle's parents are staying during the grape harvest and crushing.

0 comments: