Monday, March 17, 2008

We met

our doctor today...finally! His name is Dr. Feldman and he's one of the top "baby doctors" in Orange County and he works in the same office at Hoag Hospital that we've been going to. While we appreciate the fact that if you go into labor, your doctor will put aside all his/her appointments to deliver your baby, the doctor we had originally picked was a little too busy. We're already 26 1/2 weeks pregnant and had seen only the nurse practitioner. While we do like her, it was important to Kyle and I to meet the doctor that would be delivering our baby, preferably before the baby was delivered. I know that there is no guarantee that when our little one decides to enter the world Dr. Feldman will be around, but I sure can pray that he will. He delivered Meygan and Casey's baby girl 2 weeks ago and they really enjoyed having him as their babies doctor, so we're feeling at peace about our decision to switch.

Today i found out that I gained 6lbs since my last appointment!! YIKES!! I think I can attribute it to all the extra snacking I did out of boredom while Kyle was gone last week. I'm not normally a snacker, unless of course, it's an apple, orange, or grapes, but I found myself craving a lot of sugar. Dr. Feldman says that the weight gain is natural and that it was bound to  happen since I had only gained 10lbs up to this point. So I'm jotting down 16 lbs gained in 26 1/2 weeks in my journal, and vowing to cut down on the excessive sugar snacking!! I'm determined to not gain more than 25 lbs this whole pregnancy. You laugh, but just wait, it's possible! =)

This week is a crazy week for Kyle and I packed with doctors appointments, meetings, parent/teacher conferences, Easter celebrations, Bidwell being in town, and of course grading. I'm hoping to sneak in a hair appointment so I can guarantee myself some relaxation. I love being pampered! Next week we head off to Nashville, TN, to continue our prayer as to whether God is calling us to move out of CA. The closer it get's to the end of March, when we hoped to make a decision, the more confused I become and hope that God clearly opens all the doors he wants us to walk through. In the meantime, I'm praying for patience, an open heart, and a continued desire to follow through with his will for our lives. I'm also praying that God will continue to grow me into the mother he wants me to be, and that I'll be a good mother to our little girl. 

I had Kyle take another picture of my belly today. It's not the best picture because the sun was starting to go down by the time I was done getting dinner ready. I'll try and post more soon.


1 comments:

The Bredensteiners said...

Hi Alyssa,
I enjoyed reading your blog-do you mind if I put a link on my blogsite:
www.bredensteiner.blogspot.com
??
Sarah (Lanshe)