Monday, March 31, 2008

Loving our Nashville friends

Kyle and I arrived home late last night from our trip to Nashville. We had such a wonderful time and we both agreed that we saw more people in 6 days there then we've seen in the last 6 months here. Plus I got to spend a lot of quality time with my brother, Josh. I can tell that he's really excited about being an uncle in 12 weeks! Josh will even be out here for 6 days in April, so we'll get to see him again. While I'm exhausted today because I went to bed at 1:30a.m and had to get up at 6a.m., I'm so glad we took the trip. Mentally I feel very refreshed, relaxed, and ready for the last stretch of 10 weeks before I take my maternity leave.

Yesterday, Kyle and I tried out a church called Fellowship Bible, in Brentwood, TN, and then went out to lunch with our friends Brad and Joy, the Hills, who moved out there 6 weeks ago, and Josh. We went to Logan's Steakhouse and enjoyed a wonderful birthday lunch. I felt so blessed to be surrounded by friends on my birthday even in a whole different state. Here's a picture of all of us at lunch.

Poor Ava, we pooped her out with all the excitement; she fell asleep at the table in the restaurant. I told Kyle this is what we have to look forward too, in a such a wonderful, exciting way! Brad, Joy, Josh, Ryan and Renee we so appreciate you guys coming to lunch and spending the day with us. 

I know we've haven't been back for 24 hours yet, but I'm already finding myself missing it there. Of course, it could be that I'm missing being on vacation. Not that I don't love my students, I really do, but there's something wonderful about a vacation to help you de-stress and unwind. Now that I'm home, I'm going to try and make an appointment for a pregnancy massage I got for Christmas at Burke Williams.

This week is already shaping up to be a busy one for us. School, work, tutoring, dinner with the in-laws on Thursday, pregnancy photos Saturday, Bamboozle Left this weekend, and as always, guest staying with us. Whew!! Gotta love the fast-paced, California lifestyle. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe. Tennessee misses you too. We had a blast, hanging out with you two and we look forward to seeing you guys in a couple of weeks!