Thursday, March 27, 2008

Nashville Fun!

Tuesday
Well, it's been a crazy, whirlwind the last few days. Tuesday began with a Enterprise Rental car drama. The air conditioning in the first car we had didn't work and after pushing every button in the car multiple times we ended up having to drive out of our way to trade in our car for a new one. That completely put a wrench in our day. We were able to trade in our Kia (yuck!) for a brand new Ford Focus, which runs much better. After getting our new car we decided to drive around Spring Hill, Thompson Station, and Franklin to check out houses. We ended up in a shady part of Franklin, which prompted us to finally call a realtor to help us begin our search. We set an appointment for Wednesday morning and called my brother to meet us at this really good fish and chips place in downtown Franklin called McCleary's. While I realize that your appetite grows  when you are pregnant, I'm appalled at how much I've been eating. The food here in TN is so good!! We've eaten at so many great, hip restaurants. 

Wednesday
We spent the whole day looking at homes in different areas today. It was exhausting, but great to get a feel for the area. I'll tell you what, you can get a lot more house for your money out here, that's for sure. We found some beautiful homes. Kyle and I are staying at our friends, Brad and Joy's house, and it was so great to make it back to their house around 7ish and hang out with them for the rest of the night. We hadn't really seen them very much since we arrived. Kyle and Brad went to a local deli to get food last night and I had asked Kyle to get me some chocolate ice cream if Maggie Moo's was open. When they drove by Maggie Moo's was closed and Brad dared Kyle to knock on the door, tell them his wife is pregnant and ask them to open back up so he could get me chocolate ice cream. Not backing down on a dare, Kyle knocked on the door, told them his wife is pregnant, and they opened and let him come in and buy me ice cream. Isn't he so amazing!!

Thursday
Today we had meetings at record labels and then met up with our friends the Hill's for dinner at a pizza place called the Mellow Mushroom. The pizza was amazing, but I can't say that much about the service. It was great to catch up with Ryan and Renee, see their girls, Taegan and Ava, and pick their brains about how they feel about Tennessee, since they moved here 5 weeks ago. They absolutely love it and Renee and I even talked about starting a children's party planning company. 



This is a terrible picture of me! It's hard to get good pictures when your pregnant. Oh well! It was just great to hang out with friends. 

Tomorrow I'm hoping to spend some time up in Nashville in Hillsboro Village walking around and maybe having Joy take some pictures of Kyle and I. 

Until then...
~Alissa

1 comments: