Monday, March 24, 2008

We arrived

in Nashville, TN, tonight. I have to admit it's nice to be out of California, visiting friends, and of course, checking out the area. After a total McDonald's disaster this morning (of course, what would a trip to Nashville for me be without some kind of disaster) we were off and away on Frontier Airlines. We had a short layover in Denver and then jumped on another plane to TN. Both flights we sat next to wonderful people, one which had moved out to TN from CA several years ago, so we had a chance to pick his brain for a while. I even had a chance to nap on both flights. YEAH, I love napping! I was thankful that I didn't experience too much cramping during both flights although I was feeling a little nauseous after we landed in Nashville.

Upon arrival we were greeted with 45 degree weather. Yikes! We had just celebrated Easter with the family at the beach house in 80 degree weather not just 24 hours before. I heard the weather here is weird because TN is in the center of a warm front from the north and a cold front from the south. In the words of our new friend from our flight, "whoever wins, is what kind of weather we have." I think I would have to get used to that. I would much rather begin the day chilly and warm up. But there's no doubt that TN is beautiful and all the little communities are perfectly manicured.

After grabbing our rental car we called Josh (my brother) and met him at the Franklin Cracker Barrel. Can't even begin to tell you how much I was craving Cracker Barrel. I had Mama's French Toast Breakfast with sourdough french toast, scrambled eggs, bacon and biscuits with apple butter. Oh yeah baby!! It was so great to see my brother and hang out. After we ate we went back to check out his bachelor pad. He got to see and feel the baby moving around in my belly. I think it made the reality of being an uncle soon even more exciting. 

We just arrived at our friends, Brad and Joy's home, where we're staying for a few days while we are here. It's always so great to see them. Joy, if you are reading this, sorry we didn't make it back before you had to go to bed. I forgot you had to work tomorrow. Can't wait to see you!! Well, I'm off to bed. I know it's only 10p.m. California time, but we have a lot planned this week and jet lag is not part of my plans. Pregnancy slows me down and tires me out quick enough, I don't need to add jet lag to it.

Goodnight, sleep tight.
~Alissa

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is pretty sad that I go to bed early huh. ahh, the woes of working. I dream of the day when I can stay up until the wee hours of the morning like Brad does. I have a slight feeling though that he will see what its like to actually go to bed and get 8 consecutive hours of sleep once he gets a full time job! But until then, I am the early to bed, early to rise kind of gal. I cant wait to see you and your pregnant belly! I want all the fun details. :) email me, I can email at work (shh....dont tell my boss)