Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pumpkin Patch 2010

Last Friday night Kyle and I spontaneously decided to take the kids to our local Pumpkin Patch and do a night of pumpkin carving. I had planned on going to Tanaka Farms with my MOPS group earlier in the week, but due to the rain we had to cancel our plans. Katelyn had been pointing out pumpkins everywhere all week so we thought that going to get a pumpkin would be fun for them.... and me. I don't really have any recollection of pumpkin carving growing up (sorry Mom & Dad) so I was looking forward to the fun. I'm always curious to see how kids are going to react when we head out after dinner because, let's face it, Katelyn's a night owl, but Brayden loves his routine of dinnertime, bath time, and then go to bed. But they both did great! Brayden loved all the lights and getting to ride the train with Daddy and Katelyn.

I'm amazed daily, by how much the kids grow and change. Katelyn can talk so much, articulate so much, and accomplish so much on her own. She can do little things like putting on her shoes or a shirt and big things like climbing into the Tahoe and into her seat all by herself. She can even strap part of it closed. I know it may not seem like much, but I'm constantly in awe of her. Sometimes I forget that she's only 2 1/2. And Brayden's going to be 1 in 17 days, what??!!! He's now walking most of the time and loves to follow Katelyn around and do anything she does.













0 comments: