Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ruffles and an Elmo theme



I found THIS tutorial a couple days ago and had to try it out. My daughter is turning 2 in June and we're having an Elmo themed party. This weekend I'm having her birthday pictures taken for her invitation and this tutorial gave me some great ideas.



I bought this adorable black and white damask and polka dot fabric by Michael Miller to use for my ruffles. 



I measured the width of the onesie and doubled the length, then I cut the ruffles.




The tutorial called for a serger and I don't have one so I decided to sew a zig zag stich around the edges.





Loosen the tension on the stitch as much as you can and then sew a running stitch along the center of the fabric.





Pull the thread on each end to make the material ruffle.





Then I sewed the three ruffles on the bottom of the onesie over lapping each ruffle.













I had left over material so I made these. A large and small flower clip





I clipped the large flower clip to this tutu I made for my daughter.





Stay tuned to see the new creation I just added to the Rags to Stitches Boutique.





0 comments: