Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Pacifier war

Last week we began the transition to get rid of the pacifier. I have a love/hate relationship with that thing. I knew that we had come to a point where I was relying on it as much as Katelyn was. Not good!! So determined, I decided that Katelyn could only have her paci when she was napping or going night night. Each time she woke up we would go through the ritual of saying "night night or bye bye" to the paci and leave it in the crib. The first day was tough, but it got better as the days went on. After about 3 days I noticed she didn't even wake up with it in her mouth. Then she got sick. It was a blessing in disguise. She was throwing up so frequently that the paci would gag her and so she began sleeping without it. Once I realized she was falling alseep without it I quickly pulled them all out of her crib and hid them. We are now on day 5 of no paci's and it doesn't even seem like she misses them. She hasn't asked for one and she is going to sleep without looking around her crib for one. Praise Jesus for small miracles!

1 comments:

Meygan said...

you are SO lucky. It's been pretty tough around here with only using it at night time. But when she turns 2 in a couple of weeks, i am throwing them away , going cold turkey. B/c I know myself and i would be tempted to go get one in the middle of the night. I hope Katelyn starts to feel better soon