Monday, October 26, 2009

Congratulations Brendan & Ashtyn!!

On Saturday night at Tommy Bahama's restaurant Brendan asked his girlfriend to be his wife! Oh, I'm already getting chills and I just started typing. We've known for about a month that he was going to propose and it's been so hard to keep it a secret. Every time I'd see Ashtyn I wanted to tell her how much we love her and love that she's going to be a part of our family. God has truly blessed Brendan with such an amazing woman and she couldn't be a better fit for our family. Just a funny side note: The first time I met Kyle's entire (extended included) family was on Easter 6 years ago and Jan told me when she met me she knew I was the one for Kyle. The first time Ashtyn met our entire family was on Easter of this year and we knew she was the one for Brendan. Isn't it amazing how God brings people together!!

Anyway, back to my favorite new engaged couple. Brendan created his own version of the Tommy Bahama menu that had 20 pages and each page listed different activities or attributes about their relationship he loved. Each one coordinated with the number on the page. In between was each course he has selected for them to eat. When he got to 1, he got down on one knee and proposed!! She said "YES!" After dinner they went back to the beach house for home made (by Brendan) Key Lime Pie for dessert. When they showed up Ashtyn was once again surprised because her parents had come down to join Doug and Jan for the celebration. AWW! Good job B!!

Then yesterday the family was invited down to the beach house for the announcement and to continue the celebration. I loved that I got to be the photographer for such a great moment!

Making the announcement
Checking out the ring
Brendan admiring his own good taste!

Telling the family how Brendan proposed and showing off the special menu
Asking Katelyn to be a flower girl in the wedding. AW!
Love them!

The toast!

First sunset picture as a married couple
The menu...
#1....Marry me?!
The ring, or should I say bling!

1 comments:

Meygan said...

the ring is amazing. Congrats to your brother and new sister-in-law