Monday, October 12, 2009

Our Babymoon Getaway

Kyle finally returned from 26 days of traveling to 13 cities and we decided it was the perfect time for a getaway before Brayden arrives. I must admit I was nervous at first about leaving Katelyn for the first time and for 3 1/2 days, but she and I both did great! I dropped Katelyn off at Kyle's parents for the weekend around dinner time on Thursday night. I then headed up to Long Beach to pick up Kyle from the airport and from there we drove to Los Angeles to watch Bidwell (the band Kyle manages) play at The Roxy with Blake Lewis. Bidwell played an AMAZING show; wish I could say the same for Blake Lewis. It was disappointing to watch after seeing him go so far on American Idol.

After the show we headed to our downtown LA hotel, the Hyatt Regency for the night. It was beautiful!! I felt so spoiled! We got to sleep in till 10am, take our time getting ready, and didn't have to rush to be anywhere. Here's a picture of our hotel room:

After our leisure morning we headed to The Grove to walk around and have some lunch. The weather was gorgeous! Although seeing all the strollers and families together did make us miss our little one just a little. But we had already called to check in and knew that she was doing well.

After we left The Grove we headed to our second hotel in Venice Beach called Hotel Erwin. The hotel is a throw back to the retro 70's era and we loved it! Kyle told the front desk we were celebrating our 5 year anniversary and our babymoon and they upgraded us to a King bed in an Ocean View room! We checked in just in time to watch the sunset. Check it out!!
Here's our epic hotel room!
For dinner we went to their rooftop lounge called HIGH. They also have a restaurant called HASH, but we opted for appetizers for dinner. We shared a chicken wrap and then we were treated to a S'mores dessert. Yum!! Here are the menus they give you at HIGH. Too fun!

Here's the view from our room we woke up to on Saturday morning. Kyle and I both had a rough night. We caught some sort of flu bug and so we didn't end up walking around Venice Beach as planned. We slept in, took our time getting ready, grabbed a smoothie and checked into our next hotel in Manhattan Beach so we could take a nap. Not a fun way to loose a day on our vacation, however, I'd rather be sick and be able to relax and kick it right away then have to spend the day feeling miserable and chasing Katelyn around.

Here are the epic robes that were in our room. Doesn't Kyle sport it well?! Might have to get him one for Christmas. Maybe a pink one for myself?!
Picture of the view from our hotel in Manhattan Beach. We got a nice upgrade again since we were celebrating our anniversary and babymoon. Nice! Kyle and I never get to travel and we thought it would be fun to hop the coast rather than stay at the same hotel all 3 nights. It was great fun! I love the spontaneity of Kyle's and my relationship.
After our naps Kyle and I headed to Culver City for dinner at Karen's Sushi, a little hole in the wall sushi joint, and a massage. It was yummy even though Kyle ate way more sushi than I did as I was still not feeling 100%. After dinner we headed to The Massage Garage where we got 1 hour massages for $48! It was recommended to us by a friend of Kyle's and she was spot on. I can't even begin to tell you how much better my back feels, especially since I had strained it earlier on that week. If you are ever in LA you have to hit up this place for a Tune Up. I know we will if we're ever up there again. I wish I could duplicate this place and put it down the street from me, I would frequent there for sure.

Sunday Morning we slept in till almost 11!! I didn't even think I could do that anymore! We both woke up feeling 100% better and ready to eat a yummy breakfast. Our hotel room had a pamphlet of great places to eat and so we ended up picking a local favorite from the list called CJ's Pantry in Redondo Beach. Amazing food!! It was so delicious!! I had pumpkin pancakes with cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on top and they were soooooo good! We totally recommend it. After breakfast/lunch we checked in with Kyle's mom to see how Katelyn was doing. She had just gone down for a nap so we decided to drive home by way of the coast. What a beautiful drive. On the way we stopped at a new hotel called The Terrenea and also The Donald Trump National Golf Course. Here are some of the beautiful views from Rancho Palos Verdes.


We got back to the beach house around 4:30 and Katelyn had just woken up from her nap. She was excited to see us, but we could tell she had so much fun with her Grandma, Auntie Leah, Uncle Brendan and Auntie Ashtyn over the weekend. Guess we'll have to leave her more often since we know she has tons of fun! Kyle and I feel so blessed to live close to family who can watch Katelyn and we really needed the time away together, especially after having him gone for so many days.

Thanks Gigi, Auntie Leah, & Uncle Brendan for loving our Katelyn while we were gone!

0 comments: