Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Santa Barbara County Vintner's Festival

I'm sorry I'm falling behind on my blogging. I've been so tired lately trying to keep up with Katelyn, who is actively crawling all over the place now, and growing our little "Macgyver." Last weekend our family made the drive north up to Lompoc for the Santa Barbara County Vintner's Festival to pour the family wine. This year the weather was beautiful and there were some great wines and food to choose from. Of course I was only able to enjoy the food for the 2nd year in a row because I am pregnant. I love going to the festival, meeting new people and enjoying the atmosphere. People who come are truly wine connoisseurs and you have to know your stuff when pouring. Katelyn did awesome, she checked out the sights and the people form her stroller and played on her blanket with her toys. Since the festival was from 1-4, Kyle and I took off a little early so we could get her down for a nap before dinner. She needed her energy for the Wing Ding, which is code for a Santa Maria bbq with music. Here our some pictures from our afternoon. 

We served strawberries that are grown on our ranch. They were a hit!

Katelyn trying to get in on the wine action. "Watch out, Uncle Brendan!"


Katelyn trying to walk without much help. Too cute!
I love my grandpa!
Family photos during sunset at the Wing Ding. Katelyn loved watching the goats in the field behind us.

0 comments: