Sunday, April 12, 2009

Big Bang Friday Night

Kyle and I love going to a couple Angels games every season. It's a great way to reconnect with friends while enjoying a hot dog, licorice rope and beer. Big Bang Friday night is always my favorite night at the game. Not only do you get to enjoy a great game, but then there's fireworks afterwards. While I was excited that the Red Sox were in town (go team!!) it was a very somber and emotional driven game due to the unfortunate death of the Angel's young up and coming pitcher only 2 nights before. The game started with a tear jerking tribute and a moment of silence for this young man and his friends. Even though I didn't know him or hadn't even seen him play, I felt tears welling up for him, his family and his friends. I'm so glad that the Angels played hard and won the game in his honor. Sorry Red Sox!! You know I always want you to win, but I think they needed to win this one in honor of the pitcher they lost. Our good friends The Welches came to the game with us... we always love spending time with John and Christine! We had so much fun, chatting, telling jokes, and laughing throughout the game. Thanks you guys for coming with us, we had so much fun!

The tribute
Moment of silence


0 comments: