Friday, April 24, 2009

First Baby Doctor's Appointment

Yesterday I had my first doctor's appointment to confirm my pregnancy and have an ultrasound to determine our due date. I had thought that I was 8 weeks along, but it turns out that I'm 7 weeks give or take 4 days. Give or take 4 days is what they said with Katelyn too and she came 4 days early, so I'm pretty sure our next little one will arrive early as well. Right now our due date is set at December 10th and if I opt to have another c-section (yes my doctor is giving me the choice to go the natural route), then we can have the baby as early as December 3rd. The ultrasound showed that everything looks great and I even got to see the babies heart beat. Katelyn loved watching the ultrasound screen and when I told her we could see the babies heartbeat she clapped. Too cute!! I just know she's going to be a great big sister. Kyle and I are thrilled that everything looks good and other than the 24/7 nausea that has begun to settle in the last couple days, I'm feeling great. Our next appointment is in 4 weeks. 

2 comments:

FRANSZTASTIC said...

i'm so glad everything looks good with baby 2...go with your gut on how far you think you are along :) i'm SO sorry about the nausea that has set in, it's the worst part of pregnancy. but, as our daughters have shown us ~ it is TRULY worth it in the end. hang in there!

The Bredensteiners said...

Congrats Lyss! I loved having my first two close together- it was great! You guys are such a sweet little family!!