Thursday, January 22, 2009

Life at the beach...

As many of you know Kyle is away in Peru on a mission trip through Mariner's and the Free Wheelchair Mission. He is having an amazing time and God is really ministering to both him and his father. Meanwhile, back in California, Katelyn and I packed up the car on Tuesday and headed down to my in-law's beach house for some R&R. It's been great being down here, enjoying the sunshine, the sound of the waves, barking of the seals, and the gorgeous sunsets. We are so blessed to have been invited down for the week. Katelyn is loving having so much more space to crawl around and explore. Speaking of exploring, now that Katelyn is getting her 2nd bottom tooth she is exploring everything with her mouth. Poor thing, she's just gnawing on everything!! She's even taking her pacifier as of late. Well I decided to go out and buy her some teething biscuits and some Gerber fruit and veggie puffs. She is loving the teething biscuits. In fact today she sat in her little highchair, naked, enjoying one of them. What a messy treat they are!! I know babies are supposed to get messy and it's so much fun watching her enjoy herself. She just kicks her feet, smiles, and talks to us as she eats. Today she made such a mess that I decided that a wet wipe wouldn't do the trick and ended up putting her into the sink and giving her a bath. That biscuit got everywhere... her hair, diaper, hands, feet, nose, ears.... hahaha. 

Katelyn loved being in the sink, she played with the faucet and splashed in the water, all while I was diligently trying to get her cleaned up. Of course my mother-in-law and I had to get some pictures. At one point I ran downstairs to grab her towel and Jan said she decided to stand up in the sink, on her own! Oh boy! My baby girl is growing up so fast.









3 comments:

Scott Overpeck said...

You've inspired me. Now Shan and I are starting out a family blog. hope to bring Micah out to see you guys soon. Hows the schedule looking?

Cristi said...

Hi - my name is Cristi and I am Casey and Meygan Caston's cousin... I have a daughter who is 3 months old and I check up on Casey and Meygans friends with babies once in a while... (lol - I know that must sound funny but I love babies:).. just wanted to say that Katelyn is adorable and getting so big! She is such a cutie - and what a gorgeous smile!!! Hope you are having fun! xoxo :)

FRANSZTASTIC said...

SUPER CUTE!!! SOMEDAYS I wish I could bathe in the sink still ... Love - Mr. Franszy