Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Baby Shower on May 3

Kyle and I were blessed once again last weekend, when my friends threw me a baby shower. It was a wonderful, intimate shower with 10 of my girl friends. Thank you to Elaina, Stephanie, Jamie and Alissa for throwing me such a wonderful shower. The food was delicious and I think everyone had fun playing all the shower games. We had a diaper raffle, and we played two games. The first game brown paper bags with baby products in them were passed around and we had to guess what was in each bag, and then the second was a contest where everyone decorated a onesie for Katelyn. She is going to look adorable in all her onesies!! Not that my April 27th shower wasn't fun, it was, I have to admit it was nice to be able to look and chat with everyone as I opened my gifts. At my first shower, I felt I didn't do a very good job of personally thanking everyone after I opened each gift. At the second shower, I was able to interact with my friends as I opened their gifts. Although, my thank you cards for both showers have already been mailed out. The nursery is coming together and I have everything organized from picture frames, to 0-6 month clothes, 6-12 month clothes, nursing stuff, bath stuff, diapers, bedding, etc. Kyle and I are going to try and put the crib together this weekend, so I'm really excited! It will be nice to be able to organize the rest of the room once the crib is put together. 

Words can't express how excited we are as the time for Katelyn's grand arrival gets closer. It's hard to believe her due date is only 6 weeks away. Kyle's on the countdown; it's really cute to hear him tell people exactly how many days we have left. I can already tell that she's going to be "daddy's little girl." Kyle is going to be an amazing father, and I couldn't have prayer for a husband more supportive, encouraging, uplifting, and excited about this life change. God has truly blessed us, and some days I'm absolutely amazed by how fast this pregnancy has gone by, and how healthy both Katelyn and I have been. I do with I could get her on a sleep at night and awake during the day schedule. She kept me up all night last night while she did aerobics in my belly. haha

Thank you for your continued prayers, we are so excited and can't wait for her to be born! 




1 comments:

The Bredensteiners said...

Unfortunately, our motion rocks them during the day and they awaken at night when we are still! Enjoy it now though...because when she comes she will be on that same schedule and will be keeping you up all night! :)