Saturday, October 13, 2007

There's Something About Being Surrounded by Nature...

This weekend Kyle and I headed up to Big Bear with several people from the church we've been attending in Long Beach, CA. It's a brand new church, less than a year old, and it's been so wonderful to be part of a church family where we feel we know everyone in the family. There are some wonderful people that attend this church and I feel God has truly blessed me with some new girl friends. Even though the church is a bit of a drive from our house, we have felt extremely blessed by the message and the people. There are about 13 of us who came up to the Circle cabin for a weekend of relaxation and "fellowship."

Today (Saturday), Kyle and I took our friends Lori and the Miller family around the lake, showing them both downtown Big Bear and the Fawnskin side. We stopped at a beautiful lake along the way and took tons of pictures. It's so BEAUTIFUL up here! The air is crisp, the sun is out, and it feels great to layer on our "winter" clothes and enjoy spending some time outdoors. While we were downtown, we ate at a great Mexican restaurant, where we enjoyed delicious chicken nachos and quesadillas, until poor Tyson laid himself down on the floor and exclaimed, "I need a nap." At that point we decided to head back to the house for a nap and an intense game of Monopoly.

Tonight is our Pastor's fiance's birthday so I'm off to make a cake. More from me later!

-Alissa


The Miller family and Lori ready to head out on a tour of Big Bear


The adorable son of the Millers, Tyson

Rachel, Lori and I down by the lake

Kyle and I on the dock of the Fawnskin house

0 comments: