Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Fire Continues...

Well, the fires continue throughout Southern California. It's overwhelming to think about how many firefighter's are out there putting their lives on the line day after day, and all the homes and lives that have been lost because of the fires. May God bless those families and give them peace in this time of tragedy. They are now offering a $70,000 reward to the person who turns in the arson who started the fire closest to our home. If you have news coverage about the fires, our fire is called the Santiago Fire.

Meanwhile, here's how my week has looked due to poor air quality.
Monday - School was evacuated at 1p.m
Tuesday - School was cancelled
Wednesday - We had school, but the air quality was getting worse
Thursday - School cancelled (All districts in our area have no school)
Friday - School is cancelled and set to resume on Monday

While I have to admit being the worry wart that I am, I was feeling anxous about the amount of school being missed, while at the same time excited about the new found time to work on my thesis paper. It's hard to fall behind in the classroom, especially if you're like me, and your planner is already filled in till the end of the trimester. AAHHH!! I guess it doesn't always pay to be an over achiever. In between working on my thesis paper (20 pages and counting) I've takeb a few breaks. Today I went with my friend Chrissy and we fought the crowds at Mission Viejo Mall as we walked around. Some good sales happening. If you like Banana Republic, I have one word for you... SALE!!! Tomorrow Katie, Chrissy and I are heading over to try out the new Chipotle that opened at Irvine Spectrum.

Well that's all for me now. I'm watching the Red Sox game. Last night the Sox won 13-1, and I'm waiting for them to blow the gate open and slaughter them again tonight!

~Alissa

1 comments:

Unknown said...

If you're loving the Chipotle don't forget to dress in your best aluminum foil costume on wednesday the 31st to get your free burrito!!