Monday, May 31, 2010

Walking Shus

A couple weeks ago our family participated in the Great Strides Walk in Huntington Beach to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis. If you don't know about this degenerative disease you should check out the Cystic Fibrosis website. It is a very devastating disease and one I'm so grateful neither of my children have. Kyle and I really want to raise Katelyn and Brayden with a mindset for philanthropy so we decided that we would be apart of organizations and events that will teach them how to give back to others. They may be young now, but it's never to early to start teaching them to love on others the way their Jesus loves them! I was so proud of Katelyn. She made the choice to walk almost the entire time rather than riding in the stroller. It was a 5 mile walk, and I'm pretty sure she walked over 1/2 of it! Our team raised a little over $1000 for the organization. Thanks to everyone who joined our team, we had such a wonderful time!











0 comments: